Step 1: Become a National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA) member. Tutorial and web page links are included within these instructions. https://www.nhsra.com/
- Here is a link to the step-by-step visuals to guide you through the process.
- If you are a RENEWING NHSRA member, please DO NOT create a new account, sign in with your provided username [first time logging in? see email]. If you were a National Junior High member then you are RENEWING as a High School Member. RENEWING membership video: https://youtu.be/MsQsrnd6M8Q
- If you live outside of Mississippi and want to rodeo in our association, you will need to also print and complete the National Transfer Form.
- After you have completed or updated your National Membership Profile, you will be prompted to print the forms. Follow the instructions on the forms and note which ones require a notary. NOTE: Both Parents must sign the form!! They will send it back if both lines are not filled in. You may put the reason only one parent is signing the form on the otherwise blank line (full custody, passed away, etc.) The completed forms MUST be uploaded and attached to your profile. The National office will not accept any paper forms.
If you experience any problems with the new membership portal call 1-800-466-4772 and/or check the Help option.
Step 2: Become a Mississippi High School Rodeo Association (MHSRA) member.
- State Membership & Minor Release forms are posted to this web page under “Forms & Links" tab. Click download/print these forms. Follow the instructions provided. These forms can also be uploaded to the National Site or mailed to the secretary.
- School Transcripts:
o Any contestant that did not ride at the State Finals Rodeo or is a new member to MHSRA also needs to include a school transcription with the membership forms. The transcript must be from the last school year (2018-2019) to current.
o Any contestant that did ride at the State Finals Rodeo (High School or Jr. High 8th grade), does not need to send in another transcript.
Transcripts MUST be mailed or emailed DIRECTLY FROM YOUR SCHOOL or this application WILL NOT be valid. A complete grade transcript with 2018-2019 to current school year grades, grading scale, principal's signature and school seal or stamp on it! Homeschoolers: Please provide proof of enrollment also.
Step 3: Once your National membership profile is updated and all of your National and State forms are completed, notarized, and uploaded, you can...
Option A: Mail Forms and Payment to:
MS High School Rodeo Assn.
c\o Christy Roberts
P.O. Box 1763
Lucedale, MS 39452
Option B: Upload ALL membership forms to the National Site and PayPal the $150.00 membership fee to email@example.com. will mail the check and forms to:
The Membership fees for the 2019-2020 season will be $150.00.
- $124 is for NHSRA membership, which is NOT optional. $26 is for the MHSRA membership.
Membership is currently open (08/01/19) and will remain open until the last day of May, 2020. YOU MUST complete all of the steps above and mail it in to the Secretary before the deadline for the first rodeo you plan to enter! Example: Rodeo 1 deadline is 9/3. With us kicking off ONLINE ENTRIES this year, it is vital! The online system checks to make sure you are a member before it will allow you to enter a rodeo.
Step 4: Adult Memberships are an optional item. If you would like to become an adult member please print the form, located in the Forms & Links tab. Complete the form and you can include it in the envelope with your child's other forms and payment. The adult membership fee is $20 per adult. The membership year runs from Sept. 1 to Aug. 31.
***You MUST be a National and State member before you enter your FIRST rodeo! Make sure to get this completed before the deadline of the first rodeo you enter. You must be fully processed in order to enter online.
ONLINE ENTRIES: See Tab on this web site.
Please note: We have converted to an ONLINE ENTRY process for ALL Rodeo's and Reined Cow Horse Events. See the Forms and Links tab for printed directions on how to use the online entry system. This tab also has the schedule of dates entries open, date when a late fee is applied and date when entries are officially closed at midnight. Contestants are generally given 12 days to enter. No exceptions will be made if an entry is missed.
- Team Ropers who do not enter another event must go through the Online Entry process to and pay their $15 admin fee if the other team member entered both contestants.
-RCH contestants will be charged a $15 admin fee when entering. If the contestant ALSO entered the corresponding rodeo, this fee will be refunded.
- Any over or under payments will be communicated back to the contestant/parent. These fees will be invoiced and refunded through PayPal. Should you need to make other payment arrangements email the secretary. All rodeo fees MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO THE START OF THE RODEO!
- Cutting contestants always enter at the cutting event.
See you soon!